So in case you were under a rock yesterday, last night was the 70th presentation of the Golden Globes! And as I promised in my previous post, I want to share some of my favorite and not so favorite threads of the evening. And since last night had soooo many highs and lows, I thought I would share some of my other favorite moments!
First- the Threads…. my favorites…
There were several looks last night that I loved, but I think these 3 are my favorites. Pretty much if you wore red/corral last night you rocked it! Claire Danes however wins it all in my book because she JUST GAVE BIRTH A MONTH AGO! WHAT THE WHAT?!? All women secretly hate her for that- but then she totally redeems herself when she admitted in her interview with Al Roker after she won the Golden Globe that she needed to cut it short because she was ready to feed her son… HA!
Other Favorite Moments:
- Anytime Tina Fey and/or Amy Poehler were on stage. Or in the crowd. Seriously though- can they host every award show? Please?
- On that same note- Can Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig introduce every category? “And then she was like ‘GET OUTTA HERE!!'”
- Taylor Swift’s Stank Eye when Adele won Best Song. HA! Can’t win them all T-Swizzle!
- Watching all of Hollywood freak-out when Former President Bill Clinton took the stage. It was like watching tweens flip out over Justin Bieber or One Direction!
- Anne Hathaway’s “Blerg” and Jodie Foster’s “I’m 50!”- My top two favorite women in comedy referenced in one night?!? WIN!
- Jennifer Lawrence- “I beat Meryl (Streep)!” You got some GUTS girl!
Ugh to J.Lo. I feel like she was just trying to drum up press like she did when she wore the infamous green dress. Don’t get me wrong, she has a great body, but come on. A little taste would be great thanks.
Jessica Chastain- I really didn’t want to put you on this list, because red hair and Tiffany’s Blue go SO WELL together! But that whole droopy thing going on in the chest area…not good at all! (Calvin what were you thinking?!?)
And finally a tie between Halle Berry and Lucy Liu. I don’t get it- both ladies are beautiful and yet they choose these hot messes of dresses. True they are statement dresses, if your statement says “I want to look like drapes today.”
Other Not so Favorite Moments:
- Mr. Tarantino’s speech….”I’m surprised I won this!” uummm- you were nominated…you had a 1 in 5 chance to win…you could still prepare a thank you speech. and no, waxing on about your process does not make a thank you speech.
- Paid Cable Networks (HBO, Showtime, etc) in the same categories as basic TV networks (Fox, NBC, CBS, etc). I always feel that super great network shows get snubbed because they lump paid cable in with “free” TV networks. Can we please keep them separated? Please?
- Not enough Tina and Amy….haha!
Welp, there ya have it! My faves and not so faves from this year’s Golden Globes! Can’t wait for the next awards show!
-Sara Beth 🙂