Nominations for Inaugural Induction are Being Accepted Through September 1, 2014
The Indiana Military Veterans Hall of Fame (IMVHOF) is calling for nominations for its first group of honorees.
Its board of directors is compiled of representatives from the business, government and retired military sectors. The Chairman of the board, Russell H. Dowden, Jr., COL, USA (Retired) was inducted into the Arkansas Military Veterans Hall of Fame in 2011 as that is his home state. Now a Hoosier, Mr. Dowden formed the idea of creating a similar organization here.
Up to fifteen veterans will be honored for military service achievements and/or community contributions. To be eligible, a nominee must meet any one of these criteria:
> Been born in Indiana
> Entered military service in Indiana
> Lived in Indiana for a minimum of eight years
All branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, all ages, living or deceased, and males and females will be considered equally. The complete nomination packet and criteria can be found at imvhof.com. Nominations will be accepted through end of day September 1, 2014.
The first induction ceremony will take place on November 7, 2014 at the Garrison at Ft. Benjamin Harrison in Lawrence, IN. Event details will be available on the website as it nears.
Tax deductible donations can be made via check or money orders made out to IMVHOF and sent to: IMVHOF
P.O. Box 269098 Indianapolis, IN 46226
IMVHOF FACT SHEET
CONTACT: Annette Roy Board Member, Public Relations 317-916-6268 firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Indiana Military Veterans Hall of Fame
Reach: The State of Indiana
Mission: The objective of the Indiana Military Veterans Hall of Fame (IMVHOF) is to honor and provide support to Indiana military veterans and to educate others on their outstanding accomplishments.
• Nominations will be accepted annually for inductees into the Hall of Fame
• 2014 nominations are being accepted now through September 1, 2014
• There is no cost to nominate someone
• Fifteen inductees will be honored at the organization’s inaugural event on November 7, 2014
• Inductees will receive a medallion and presence on the website
Status: • The IMVHOF is a not-for-profit with 501(c)3 status from the IRS
General Nominee Criteria:
• The nominee must have been born in Indiana; entered military service from Indiana; or lived in Indiana for a minimum of eight years
• All criteria and the nomination form can be found on imvhof.com
Connect With Us: Website: www.imvhof.com