PROOF I was a dELiA's girl in the 90's…
I should probably save this post for Throwback Thursday, but I don’t want to wait…. (insert Paula Cole Song here)
So I’ve seen several post this Buzzfeed article about what us ’90’s girls were wearing according to the dELiA’s Catalog…below is the abbreviated version. See the full post HERE.
1. Sweaters with Nordic patterns. You know, to channel your Scandinavian ice princess roots.
3. Boots with just the right amount of chunk.
5. Adidas knock-off track pants. (No need to change for gym class!)
6. Goddamned sweater vests.
10. Knit winter accessories, much stripes.
12. Flower hair clips. Middle part mandatory.
13. Puffy vests. Oh so puffy.
15. Empire waist dresses from Cher Horowitz’s lower-priced, discount closet.
And here is where I one up Buzzfeed…. PROOF that I was a dELiA’s Girl… (Thanks to Kristin Munn!)
See the sweater I’m wearing?!? It’s not the exact one from the catalog cover above, but it DID come from dELiA’s. Also note the puffy vest, sea-shell necklace (which came after the barbed wire necklace fad, which I totally wore from dELiA’s) and wide legged pants.
The rest of the photo I can only explain as this…. High School. 😛
What fads were you into back in the day? (Whatever that “day” may be for you?)