1. Heavy things now feel so…light.
You can say “I didn’t know my own strength” with sincere incredulity.
SB: True story- especially when you pick up your friend’s kiddos and start doing bicep curls with them.
2. Somehow you’re able to climb flights and flights of stairs without feeling winded.
Normally, you’d be holding onto the banister for dear life while dry heaving after stair 1.
SB: I still hang on to the banister, but that’s because a.) I ran a lot the night before and my knees hurt or b.) I’m clumsy and could fall at any moment
4. None of your clothes fit anymore.
For better or for worse, depending on how much money is in your bank account.
SB: This is straight up annoying. Yes I love a good shopping trip, but I don’t always have time for one.
5. You actually crave healthy food.
MMMM, nothing like a giant bowl of crisp, delicious roughage.
SB: You also become extremely frustrated on days when you are incredibly busy need something to eat real quick but every restaurant with a drive thru barely has anything healthy on the menu you want to eat.
6. But you also know that if you eat something terrible, it won’t matter.
SB: My instant response to people asking me why I like to run now…”So I can EAT!”
7. Speaking of food, is it lunch time yet?
Because you’re never NOT hungry.
SB: Yes- there are days when I can’t stop eating.
8. Your healthy habits are starting to rub off on everyone around you.
The people who once shamed you for avoiding the fried chicken at the Super Bowl party and heading to the gym instead of happy hour are now asking you for advice on how to live their lives.
9. You sleep good. Soooo good.
You fall into bed and pass out into a violent puff of exhaustion.
SB: More like fall asleep on the couch at 8pm!
13. You’ve never had to deal with this much dirty laundry.
And if you don’t keep on top of it, you risk everything you own smelling like stinky sweat.
17. Your new favorite activity (besides working out, obvs): fondling your own muscles in self-satisfaction when you’re bored.
Poke. Poke poke.
SB: I totally did this yesterday! I was showing Dan that my arms have a little bit of definition now thanks to Farrells!
18. Feeling sore is such a surprisingly satisfying feeling.s="sub_buzz_content">
You revel in lactic acid.
SB: Yup- if I’m not sore, I didn’t work hard enough!